Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Something good that happened today was...

Since I started my "Something Good That Happened Today" journal, I've felt a lot better overall. Some of the good things that have happened are:

- I wore a dress that my friend Kayla gave me. I love wearing clothing that has memories attached to them because it makes me feel so good when I wear them. Wearing the items makes me remember the story behind them.
- I finally did a draft of my project that my professor approved of! I had done two versions, and my professor didn't like them...at all. I was about ready to give up when I came up with the third idea and it worked!
- I got to go home over the weekend and had a movie night with my little brother. We popped popcorn and watched Wall-E. It felt so good to be home with my family and to hang out with my little brother.
- I got to walk Race for the Cure with my mom. It was really special to me to be able to walk it with her. The day of the race was four months to the exact day that my best friend's mom had died of breast cancer, so we walked it in honor of her. We all miss you, Paula!
- I got to make dinner with one of my good friends Julie. Its almost so much fun to hang out with her because we just talk and talk for hours. I always feel so much more grounded once I've spent time with her.
-I ran a whole 10 miles! I'm running a half marathon a week from Sunday, so it was a good thing I got a long run in! It felt so good to run that far and still be able to function afterwards.
- I got a free piece of matte board. It saved me $11. Enough said.
- I had an interview for a new job (I despise the job I have now) and it went really well! I have high hopes for it, but it still could be two weeks before I hear back from it!
- I got to babysit Kate while Sam and Joe were in class. She was fussy when I first got there but then she fell asleep when I was holding her. It felt so good just to sit there on the couch and snuggle with her. I can't believe she's already a year old!

Hopefully, the good times keep rolling! I'm glad things are starting to turn around!

No comments:

Post a Comment