My goal this weekend was to not spend all of my money on useless things and just waste it all. And in my own opinion I did...ok.
Friday I splurged a little - I hadn't had money in so long! I went to the mall and bought a few things. I went to Wal-Mart and stocked up on groceries. I can only live on EasyMac for so long. Then a friend and I went out for Japanese food and saw a movie. We ended up seeing "Going the Distance" and wow that movie was depressing. I basically didn't talk for the rest of the night because I was so utterly sad. The movie starring Drew Barrymore and Justin Long made finding your soulmate look so ridiculously easy. All I could think about was if it was so easy for people like them, then why haven't I found my soulmate yet? Its just not fair!
Saturday my roommate and I went out for breakfast since nothing was open on campus and we had woken up way too early and because I actually had money to pay for it. But that was the only money that I spent all day! I was so proud of myself.
After all of that success yesterday, I had a fallback today. Sadly. We went back to the mall, so I could return a shirt that I had bought on Friday which would've been all well and good if I hadn't used that money to go down a couple stores and buy another pair of jeans. Then I went back to Wal-Mart and bought a bunch of stuff that I either forgot to buy Friday or realized I needed since I had gone to Wal-Mart.
Needless to say, I'm not leaving campus for a long while now, so that I can avoid spending any more money!
No comments:
Post a Comment